The famous faces having their culinary skills tested in Celebrity Masterchef this year have been announced.
The cooking comp is set for another summer of sizzling excitement with a who’s who of sport, show business, music and drama parking their day jobs to compete for the iconic title.
Judging duo John Torode and Gregg Wallace take no prisoners as they whittle down 20 celebrity contestants across six weeks.
The participants will face a brand-new Pairs Challenge testing not only culinary expertise but their communication skills. They will also be cooking in top-class restaurant kitchens and catering for huge numbers. The celebrities will also cook for critics and past winners, eventually cooking with top chef Bryn Williams, and finally serving up their own mouth-watering three-course menu.
After all of this, only one will be crowned Celebrity MasterChef Champion 2018.
Battling it out in the MasterChef kitchen are:
- Actors Keith Allen, Chizzy Akudolu, Lisa Maxwell and John Partridge
- TV personality Spencer Matthews
- International award-winning artist and actress Stella Parton
- TV presenters Michelle Ackerley and Jean Johansson
- TV presenter and furniture restorer Jay Blades
- Comedian Zoe Lyons
- Former international rugby player and TV presenter Martin Bayfield
- World Champion, Paralympian and broadcaster Stef Reid
- Recording artist and model Josh Cuthbert
- DJ and broadcaster Clara Amfo
- Singer songwriter Carol Decker
- TV presenter and singer Frankie Bridge
- England cricketer Monty Panesar
- Actress and singer Anita Harris
- Professional dancer and TV personality AJ Pritchard
- TV star Gemma Collins
“Celebrity MasterChef is a real treat in BBC One’s summer schedule. This series features a wonderfully diverse line up of celebrities donning the iconic aprons. They’re out of their comfort zones but determined to make their mark in the MasterChef kitchen. Along the way, viewers can expect high drama served alongside some great food.” – Carla-Maria Lawson, BBC Commissioning Editor
Over 6 weeks and 12 programmes, the first four weeks whittle the celebs down to semi-finalists, then finalists. The eventual winner will follow in the footsteps of Angellica Bell, Alexis Conran, Kimberly Wyatt, Sophie Thompson, Ade Edmondson, Emma Kennedy, Phil Vickery, Lisa Faulkner, Jayne Middlemiss, Liz McClarnon, Nadia Sawalha and Matt Dawson.
“We’re really excited to have so many great names takes part in this year’s Celebrity Master Chef. BBC One Viewers are in for treat – as well as plenty of laughs and the odd disaster, there’s also some really ambitious and tasty food. It’s one of the most tightly fought and exciting competitions we’ve ever filmed.” – David Ambler, Executive Producer for Shine TV