Two hunky Greek warriors give us a treat as they show off an ‘Ancient Scroll’ which contains 300 reasons to experience 300: Rise of an Empire in IMAX® 3D.
To celebrate the release on the 7th of March, the new chapter of the epic saga, an ancient scroll has been unearthed detailing 300 reasons to experience the blockbuster in an IMAX cinema.
The scroll was taken around iconic London locations by two chiseled Greek warriors who were acting as ancient messengers on behalf of a very modern IMAXIMUS, eulogising an entertainment experience so real that cinemagoers will be able to feel the deadly clashes between the Greeks and the Persians in their bones.
Some of the 300 reasons that feature on the scroll, include:
1. Holidays to Greece are expensive – let IMAX and 300: Rise of an Empire take you there instead as you become part of the film
2. 300: Rise of an Empire will blow your socks off. The Greek warriors didn’t wear socks so you’ll fit right in
3. See the might of the Greek and Persian armadas come face to face in 300: Rise of an Empire, which has been digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of an IMAX 3D Experience®
4. Let the battle commence as IMAX’s customised theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are standing shoulder to shoulder with the Greeks fighting the Persians
5. Zack Snyder, the writer/producer of 300: Rise of an Empire, is a massive fan of IMAX
6. A laser-aligned sound system creates an optimum listening experience to allow cinemagoers to hear the breath of every soldier on the battlefield, every battle cry and every roar of defeat
300: Rise of an Empire sees the action move to a new battle field – on the sea – and thanks to The IMAX Experience, the naval battle scenes pitting the Greeks led by General Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes, will be even more epic.
Based on Frank Miller’s latest graphic novel Xerxes the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield – on the sea – as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. 300: Rise of an Empire pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.
The film was directed by Noam Murro, from a screenplay by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad. The film is being released in 3D and 2D in select theatres. The IMAX release has been digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of an IMAX 3D Experience®.