Former Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two women.
Manchester Magistrates’ Court heard today how the actor had groped the women during a night out at the city’s Band on The Wall music venue in early October. Langley, 34, grabbed his first victim in the crotch at about 1am, who then heard that he’d molested another woman when she went to the toilet.
“He grabbed me properly. He grabbed me on the crotch,” the first victim told the police, whilst Manchester Evening News also reports that the second victim was grabbed ‘forcefully’ in an assault ‘lasting a couple of seconds’.
The court was also told how the soap star had behaved similarly inappropriately towards a third and fourth woman but charges had not been brought against him for this; however the further incidents were said to be ‘indicative of his behaviour’ on that particular night.
Langley’s former employer ITV launched an ‘internal inquiry’ into the actor on October, 20 and announced a week later that they had chosen to terminate his contract with their flagship soap opera.
The CPS then confirmed that the actor had been charged with two counts of sexual assault, before in a further statement revealing that the charges related to two complainants.
“Bruno’s contract ended on October 26th following an internal inquiry. Scenes featuring Bruno will continue to be screened until December 24. These were filmed before our inquiry started. Subsequent storylines beyond this point have been rewritten.” – Coronation Street spokesperson
The actor has played Todd Grimshaw on the Street since 2001, though has had a lengthy time out from the saga. His other TV credits include the beeb-aired sci-fi series Doctor Who and detective drama Dalziel and Pascoe. Langley also had a successful theatre career including Romeo and Juliet, A Taste of Honey, Calendar Girls and the 60th Anniversary tour of The Mousetrap.
We are unable to accept comments on this article for legal reasons.